To properly determine and measure your bra size there are two measurements you need to determine: band size and cup size. To find them, put on your most comfortable unpadded bra and stand in front of a mirror with a tape measure handy.
Bra Size Calculator:
Step 1: Measure Band size: To properly determine your bra size you must first measure your bra band size.
- Measure around the top of your rib cage, directly under your bust. Be sure to keep the measuring tape evenly horizontal to get the most accurate number possible.
- When you have the measurement, round it off to the nearest whole number. If the number is even, add 4 inches; if it’s odd, add 5 inches.
- Your band size is the sum of this calculation.
Step 2: Measure Cup size: The next step is how you determine your bra cup size. This is pretty simple.
- Standing straight, place the tape measure around the fullest part of your bust, again making sure that it stays as even as possible around your breast. Keep the measuring tape parallel with the floor.
- Round that measurement to the nearest whole number.
Step 3: Calculate Your Bra Size
- Now calculate the difference in inches between your band size and your cup size. A difference of 1 inch equals an A cup; 2 inches equals a B cup; 3 inches equals a C cup; and 4 inches equals a D cup.
- So if you measured a 36 band in the first step and you measured a 38 here, then your bra size is a B cup.
Knowing how to measure your bra size is the first step in finding the perfect bra. Bra sizes do vary among brands. Finding the perfect bra takes time and patience, but will be worth all of your effort in the end. Choose wisely ladies.